This post is taken from The 25th Anniversary of Linglestown Fire Company commemorative book. The anniversary was celebrated in June 1959.
1850 - Paxton Fire Company of Linglestown purchased first hand pumper which was pulled by men with ropes attached.
1898 - End of Paxton Fire Company. History of LInglestown by Nevin W. Moyer relates that the town's blacksmith turned the hand pumper into a very useful wagon for the purpose of hauling beer kegs at the local tavern.
FEBRUARY 28, 1934 - Rev. Elias H. Philips called for a town meeting to be held at the American Legion Home (formerly the chapel of the EUB Church) for the purpose of organizing a fire company. The fire company was organized at this meeting and the fire chiefs elected to serve one year.
MARCH 22, 1935 - First fire truck purchased. This truck consisted of a Ford, Motel T, chassis with a centrifugal pump, ladders and a booster tank with hose reel. This fire truck was purchased used from the Elizabethville Fire Company, Elizabethville, PA.
APRIL 10, 1935 - First fire house was a garage in rear of Care's home on North Mountain Street located near the EUB Church. This building was torn down when the property was purchased by Clark Basehore.
DECEMBER 11, 1935 - Second fire house was a garage owned by Fleck Mixell, the town barber.
FEBRUARY 10, 1937 - Linglestown School House purchased for permanent fire house. (Present site).
JULY 28, 1938 - Ladies Auxiliary of the fire company organized.
APRIL 12, 1939 - Lower Paxton Township Fireman's Relief Association organized.
DECEMBER 6, 1940 - New fire truck purchased. This fire truck consisted of a 95 HP Ford truck chassis with a 750 gallon per minute pump with all the other modern fire fighting accessories.
MARCH 9, 1955 - Two thousand gallon tank truck purchased and put into service by the fire company.
AUGUST 10, 1955 - Construction of the new wing to the fire house started to provide for three pieces of fire fighting equipment.
AUGUST 10, 1955 - First radio for communication purposes installed on pumper
NOVEMBER 14, 1956 - Dam constructed by fire company on Schradely property for fire protection of Linglestown.
JULY 1, 1959 - Fire house officially dedicated for community service.